Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2019
Travelers to Istres will find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Camargue, Chateau des Baux, and Abbey de Montmajour are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 564 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St.-Remy-de-Provence
- The closest major airport is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 15.3 mi (24.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Avignon (AVN-Caumont), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Istres
Camargue, Chateau des Baux, and Abbey de Montmajour are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Cirque Romain in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Istres. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Top Motel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private pool.
- Ibis Istres Trigance - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hôtel Ariane - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Istres
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Istres Station or Istres Rassuen Station. Istres might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Istres
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Istres gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Istres?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Istres, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Istres?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Istres?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Istres?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Istres?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Istres?
Recent reviews of Istres hotels
More trip options
- Istres Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Istres Airports
- Hotels near Popular Istres Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Istres
- More Hotel Options in Istres
- More Popular Hotels in St.-Remy-de-Provence
- Other Hotels near Istres, St.-Remy-de-Provence
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends