Visitors to Salon-de-Provence are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, golf courses, and mountain views. A top sight in the area is Chateau des Baux.
- You'll find 559 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St.-Remy-de-Provence
- The closest major airport is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Avignon (AVN-Caumont), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salon-de-Provence
The city's cultural venues include Musee Grevin de la Provence and Nostradamus Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chateau de l'Emperi and Salon de Provence Tourism Office.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Salon-de-Provence. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
Top places to visit in the area include Chateau des Baux, 16.7 mi/26.9 km from the city center, and Camargue, which is 21.6 mi (34.8 km) away.
Getting Around Salon-de-Provence
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salon Station. Salon-de-Provence might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Salon-de-Provence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Salon-de-Provence gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F