Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Jersey, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, relaxing spas, and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, shopping, and beaches. Top sights in the city include Jersey War Tunnels - German Underground Hospital, Hamptonne Country Life Museum, and Elizabeth Castle.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Jersey
- The closest major airport is in Jersey (JER), 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Guernsey (GCI), 25.5 mi (41 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jersey
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Jersey War Tunnels - German Underground Hospital, Hamptonne Country Life Museum, and Jersey Museum & Art Gallery. Families come for attractions such as Jersey Zoological Park (Jersey Zoo), Durrell Wildlife Park, and Living Legend Village. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Elizabeth Castle, La Hougue Bie, and Mont Orgueil Castle.
In Jersey, you'll be able to select from 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel La Place - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Lyndhurst Jersey - Our customers like the proximity to public transit and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- La Haule Manor - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its proximity to the airport and quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Jersey include La Mare Vineyards, St. Helier Beach, and Port of Jersey.
Dressing for Jersey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.64 inches of rain falls on Jersey each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F