Those traveling to Johnston are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Darwin, NT (DRW-Darwin Intl.), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Johnston
Places to visit in the larger region include Flight Path Golf & Outdoor Recreation, Hidden Valley Raceway, and Crocodylus Park. Additionally, you'll find Darwin Crocodile Farm and Holmes Jungle Nature Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Johnston, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Travelodge Resort Darwin is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the center of Johnston. This 4-star hotel in Darwin features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Mercure Darwin Airport Resort is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from central Johnston. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Eaton can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with a private patio. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Palms City Resort is located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the heart of Johnston. This 3.5-star motel in Darwin features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Johnston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 75°F
- Johnston gets about 67.05 inches of rain per year
- Usually November and October are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 68°F