Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 6, 2020
Visitors to Karuizawa are sure to enjoy the ski areas and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, golf courses, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Mount Asama, Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza, and Saku Ski Garden Parada. In Karuizawa, there are 97 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Karuizawa
Cultural venues in the city include Hiroshi Senju Museum, Karuizawa Ohga Hall, and Karuizawa New Art Museum. Attractions like Kirizumi Onsen and Kamisuwa Onsen are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Karuizawa Church, Karuizawa Stone Church, and St. Paul's Catholic Church Karuizawa.
In Karuizawa, you'll be able to select from 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kyukaruizawa Kikyo, Curio Collection by Hilton - This 4.5-star hotel in Kyukaruizawa features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel WELLIES - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- HOSHINOYA Karuizawa - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Karuizawa include Mount Asama, Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza, and Saku Ski Garden Parada. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kusatsu Onsen, located 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city center, and Kusatsu Hot Springs, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away.
Getting Around Karuizawa
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Karuizawa Station or Sakudaira Station. Karuizawa may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Karuizawa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Karuizawa gets about 44.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Karuizawa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Karuizawa, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Karuizawa?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Karuizawa?
Where is the best place to stay in Kyukaruizawa?
What's a favorite place to stay in Iwamurada?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Karuizawa?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Karuizawa?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Karuizawa?
Where is the best place to stay close to Karuizawa Prince Hotel Ski Resort?
What about the best place to stay near Saku Ski Garden Parada?
What are some hotels with pools in Karuizawa?
Recent reviews of Karuizawa hotels
More trip options
- Karuizawa Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Karuizawa Airports
- Hotels in Karuizawa Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Karuizawa Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Karuizawa
- More Hotel Options in Karuizawa
- More Popular Hotels in Nagano
- Other Hotels near Karuizawa, Nagano
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends