Visitors can enjoy all that Keningau has to offer including the parks and monuments. There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 43.7 mi (70.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Keningau
Favorite places to visit in the city include Keningau Oath Stone, Crocker Range Park, and Crocker Range National Park. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your visit to Keningau, you might not be able to find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 16 hotels and other lodging types in the region. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Manis Manis Rooftop of Borneo Resort is located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the heart of Keningau. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Keningau can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Pan Borneo Hotel Kota Kinabalu is 41.7 mi (67.1 km) from central Keningau. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kota Kinabalu can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Beringgis Beach Resort & Spa is 37.2 mi (59.9 km) from the center of Keningau. This 4-star hotel in Papar features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Keningau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- Keningau gets about 3.66 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas October and March are often coldest, averaging 76°F