Visitors can enjoy all that Kensington has to offer including its museums. There are 121 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Charlottetown, PEI (YYG), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kensington
A couple of favorite places to visit are Veterans Memorial Military Museum and Haunted Mansion. You'll also find St. Mary's Church and Red Sands Golf Course in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Kensington, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Green Gables Bungalow Court is located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the heart of Kensington. This 3-star cottage in Cavendish features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and walkable location.
- Loyalist Country Inn is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from central Kensington. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Summerside can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Cavendish Motel is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the center of Kensington. This 3-star motel in Cavendish features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kensington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kensington is 1.10 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F