Visitors can enjoy all that Killdeer has to offer including the university setting, parks, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and culturally-rich setting.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Killdeer
- The closest major airport is in Dickinson, ND (DIK-Theodore Roosevelt Regional), 49.4 mi (79.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Killdeer
The university setting is a highlight of the city and High Plains Cultural Center is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Killdeer Mountain Battlefield State Historic Site to your agenda.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Mountain View Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Killdeer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 2°F at night
- Killdeer gets about 16.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 4°F