Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dickinson, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, musical theater, and cafés.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Dickinson
- The closest major airport is in Dickinson, ND (DIK-Theodore Roosevelt Regional), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dickinson
Cultural venues in the city include Ukrainian Cultural Institute, Dakota Dinosaur Museum, and Dickinson State University Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and such places to visit as Patterson Lake Recreational Area and Prairie Outpost Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are West River Community Center and Heart River Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Dickinson. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickinson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dickinson - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dickinson - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Dickinson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Dickinson gets about 16.70 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F