Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kumarakom, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its temples.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Kumarakom
- The closest major airport is in Cochin (COK-Cochin Intl.), 39.1 mi (62.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kumarakom
The lakeside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, and Vembanad Lake. Boating, bird watching, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Kumarakom Boat Jetty. You'll also find Kottayam Cheriyapally and Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Kumarakom. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kumarakom Lake Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia travelers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
- Park Regis Aveda Kumarakom - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Taj Kumarakom Resort & Spa, Kerala - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Kumarakom
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- About 121.50 inches of rain falls on Kumarakom each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 74°F