Visiting La Antigua
Visitors can enjoy all that La Antigua has to offer including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Chachalacas Beach and Veracruz Cathedral.
- You'll find 135 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Veracruz
- The closest major airport is in Veracruz, Veracruz (VER-General Heriberto Jara Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Xalapa, Veracruz (JAL-El Lencero), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Antigua
A favorite place to visit in the city is Chapel of the Rosary. Additionally, in the area you'll find Chachalacas Beach and Veracruz Cathedral.
As you plan for your vacation to La Antigua, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 137 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Emporio Veracruz Hotel is 13.7 mi (22 km) from the center of La Antigua. This 4-star hotel in Veracruz features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Fiesta Americana Veracruz is located 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the heart of La Antigua. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Boca del Rio can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Camino Real Veracruz is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from central La Antigua. This 3.5-star hotel in Boca del Rio features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for La Antigua
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- About 2.64 inches of rain falls on La Antigua each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 65°F