Visiting Lake Constance
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lake Constance, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours and cafés. Top sights in the city include Mainau Island and Sealife Constance.
- There are 368 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Constance
- The closest major airport is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Constance
Cultural venues in the city include Graf-Zeppelin-Haus, Zeppelin Museum, and Seebühne Bregenz. Attractions like Sealife Constance and Hard Beach are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Meersburg Castle, Basilika Birnau, and Kloster Hegne.
In Lake Constance, you'll find 368 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boutique-Hotel Adara - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Hotel Rebstock - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- JUCKERs Boutique-Hotel und Restaurant - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other top sights in Lake Constance include Mainau Island. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Swiss Science Center Technorama, 27.9 mi/44.8 km from the heart of the city, and Affenberg, which is 10.5 mi/17 km away.
Getting Around Lake Constance
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Romanshorn Station, Friedrichshafen-Fischbach Station, or Friedrichshafen Manzell Station. Lake Constance might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lake Constance
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 28.80 inches of rain falls on Lake Constance each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F