Bed and Breakfast in Lake Placid
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 23, 2020
Other property types in Lake Placid
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2021
High Peaks Resort
Reviewed on Feb 25, 2021
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, NY
Reviewed on Mar 3, 2021
Why Stay at a B&B in Lake Placid?
If you're looking for something a little quirkier than your standard hotel, a bed and breakfast could be a great option for your getaway. You'll find 159 accommodations and 8 B&Bs for your vacation in Lake Placid. A trip to Lake Placid wouldn't be complete without a stop by Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum or Robert Louis Stevenson Cottage and Museum if you're someone who could spend hours browsing exhibits.
Every B&B has a unique charm— whether it's a cozy reading space or a sunlit breakfast nook to enjoy your morning cup of coffee, the small details are what make bed and breakfasts a home away from home. Check out these B&Bs in Lake Placid:
ADK Trail Inn: 3 stars, 14 rooms
- Hot/cold buffet breakfast
- Individually decorated rooms
The Inn at Whiteface: 3 stars, 11 rooms
Willkommen Hof Bed & Breakfast: 3 stars, 6 rooms
- Full breakfast
- In-room designer toiletries
The Interlaken Inn: 3.5 stars
- Restaurant on site
- On-site bar
How to Pack for the Weather in Lake Placid
If you're curious about the optimal time to vacation in Lake Placid, we've compiled some relevant weather info to help you plan your trip:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- Average rainfall is 37.48 inches in a year
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 43° F and nighttime temperatures average 1° F
- April-June: 75° F is the daytime average and 20° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 76° F and nighttime averages are around 36° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 59° F during the day and 4° F at night
Things to See and Do in Lake Placid
If you're looking for some things to do on you trip, travelers enjoy Lake Placid for its hiking and skiing. When you want to spend some time in the great outdoors, Adirondack Equine Center and Mid's Park are some notable spots. You might put Lake Placid Club Golf Courses and Olympic Center on your list if you want to see more of the area.
Lake Placid is also known for its:
- Mountain views
- Ice skating
Transportation Options In and Around Lake Placid
Fly into Lake Placid, NY (LKP), which is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city center. Otherwise, look for flights into Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), which is 13 mi (21 km) away. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.