Visiting Le Grau-Du-Roi
Visitors to Le Grau-Du-Roi are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and aquarium. Top sights around the area include Constance Tower, Phare de la Mediterranee, and Mare Nostrum Aquarium.
- You'll find 836 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Montpellier
- The closest major airport is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Le Grau-Du-Roi
Attractions like Ranch Lou Seden, Seaquarium, and Babyland are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Espiguette Beach, Le Grau-du-Roi Beach, and Gulf of Lion. Additionally, you might want to add Port-Camargue to your agenda.
In Le Grau-Du-Roi, you'll be able to select from 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Café Miramar - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- BELAMBRA CLUBS LE GRAU DU ROI "LE VIDOURLE" - With a stay at this 2-star residence, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Splendid Hôtel Camargue - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a business center. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Constance Tower, 4.4 mi/7.1 km from the heart of the city, and Phare de la Mediterranee, which is 11.8 mi (19 km) away.
Getting Around Le Grau-Du-Roi
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at La Grande-Motte Le Grau-du-Roi Station. Le Grau-Du-Roi may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Le Grau-Du-Roi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Le Grau-Du-Roi gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F