Visitors can enjoy all that Lerwick has to offer including the archaeological sites, museums, and monuments. In Lerwick, there are 12 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Lerwick (LSI-Sumburgh), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lerwick
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lerwick Town Hall, Fort Charlotte, and Shetland Museum. You'll also find Bressay Lighthouse and Scalloway Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lerwick. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Solheim Guest House - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a library, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- Lerwick Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Shetland Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Lerwick
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 56°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 59°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 53°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Lerwick gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 57°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F