Visitors can enjoy all that Lier has to offer including the wineries, waterfront, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Viking Ship Museum, Holmenkollen Ski Jump, and Gustav Vigeland Sculpture Park.
- There are 207 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lier
Notable city landmarks like Sylling Church and Tranby Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Asdoljuvet and Egge Gard.
As you plan your vacation to Lier, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo is located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of Lier. This 4-star hotel in Oslo features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to the airport.
- Hotel Verdandi Oslo is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from central Lier. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Oslo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Citybox Oslo is 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the center of Lier. This 3-star hotel in Oslo features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour business center. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Viking Ship Museum, located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Holmenkollen Ski Jump, which is 16.7 mi/26.8 km away.
Getting Around Lier
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Lier Station. Lier may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lier
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 29.33 inches of rain falls on Lier each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F