History buffs enjoy visiting Lviv though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, monuments, and architecture. Top sights in the city include Market Square, Boim Chapel, and Armenian Cathedral.
- There are 111 hotels and other accommodations in Lviv
- The closest major airport is in Lviv (LWO-Lviv Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lviv
Cultural venues in the city include Pharmacy Museum, Lviv State Natural History Museum, and Museum of Banking Technology. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Market Square, Boim Chapel, and Armenian Cathedral. Other notable sights to explore include Dominican Church and High Castle.
In Lviv, you'll find 111 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Citadel Inn - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Astoria Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lviv City Center can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Hotel Lviv Luxury & SPA - This 5-star hotel in Lviv City Center features a winery, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Other top sights in Lviv include St. George's Cathedral.
Getting Around Lviv
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lviv Station. Lviv might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lviv
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Lviv gets about 25.79 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F