History buffs will enjoy exploring Malacca, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. Culturally-rich and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Top sights in the city include St Paul's Church and A Famosa. In Malacca, there are 416 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Malacca
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include The Shore Oceanarium, Malay Living Museum, and Straits Chinese Jewellery Museum. Favorite family attractions include Malacca Zoo and Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St Paul's Church, A Famosa, and St. Peter's Church Melaka.
In Malacca, you'll find 416 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 5 Heeren - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Taman Kota Laksamana can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Treasures Hotel and Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Nest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and local sightseeing.
Dressing for Malacca
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- Average annual rainfall for Malacca is 79.41 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas September and March are often coldest, averaging 76°F