Visitors to Marburg are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, cafés, and riverfront.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Marburg
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marburg
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Alte Universitat, Old Town, and Landgrafenschloss. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Town Hall and Old Botanical Garden.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Marburg. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- VILA VITA Rosenpark - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel im Kornspeicher - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Hotel & Restaurant Stümpelstal - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Marburg
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Marburg Station or Marburg Süd Station. Marburg might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Marburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Marburg is 23.11 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F