Visiting Mare Anglaise
Travelers to Mare Anglaise give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and spas. Beau Vallon Beach, North East Point Beach, and Grand Anse Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Mare Anglaise
- The closest major airport is in Victoria (SEZ-Seychelles Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Praslin Island (PRI), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mare Anglaise
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Beau Vallon Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find North East Point Beach and Grand Anse Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Mare Anglaise. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hanneman Holiday Residence - This 3.5-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a poolside bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Savoy Resort & Spa - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and room size at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Georgina's Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Takamaka Beach, 12.2 mi/19.7 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Mare Anglaise
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 76°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 76°F at night
- About 2.68 inches of rain falls on Mare Anglaise each year
- Hottest months are usually March and April with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 76°F