Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2019
Reviewed on Feb 10, 2020
Visiting Mahe Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mahe Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach, and Takamaka Beach.
- There are 143 hotels and other accommodations in Mahe Island
- The closest major airport is in Victoria (SEZ-Seychelles Intl.), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Praslin Island (PRI), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mahe Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach, and Takamaka Beach. Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Seychelles Golf Club and La Plaine St. Andre are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North East Point Beach and Barbarons Beach.
In Mahe Island, you'll be able to select from 143 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Maia Luxury Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Chateau Elysium - With a stay at this 5-star villa, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mahe Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.68 inches of rain falls on Mahe Island each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while November and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 76°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Mahe Island?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mahe Island, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Mahe Island?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Mahe Island?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Mahe Island?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Mahe Island?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Mahe Island?
What's the best place to stay close to Beau Vallon Beach?
What about the best place to stay close to Petite Anse Beach?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Mahe Island?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Mahe Island?
Recent reviews of Mahe Island hotels
More trip options
- Mahe Island Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Mahe Island Airports
- Hotels near Popular Mahe Island Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Mahe Island
- More Hotel Options in Mahe Island
- More Popular Hotels in Seychelles
- Other Hotels near Mahe Island, Seychelles
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends