Visitors to Matamoros are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, shopping, and bars.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Matamoros
- The closest major airport is in Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), 4.4 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Matamoros, Tamaulipas (MAM-General Servando Canales Intl.), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Matamoros
A favorite place to visit in the city is Casamata Museum. You'll also find Gladys Porter Zoo and Sunrise Mall in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Matamoros. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Alameda Express - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- City Express Matamoros - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Matamoros - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, 24.8 mi/39.9 km from the city center, and South Padre Island Beach, which is 26.7 mi/42.9 km away.
Dressing for Matamoros
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Average annual rainfall for Matamoros is 27.36 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F