Visitors can enjoy all that Mauerbach has to offer including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Schoenbrunn Palace, Vienna State Opera, and Gerhard-Hanappi Stadium.
- There are 1100 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Vienna (VIE-Vienna Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mauerbach
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mauerbach Charterhouse. In the area, you'll also find Schoenbrunn Palace and Vienna State Opera.
As you plan your vacation to Mauerbach, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 679 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Schlosspark Mauerbach is located in central Mauerbach. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Mauerbach can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Moxy Vienna Airport is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the heart of Mauerbach. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Schwechat can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Lindner Hotel am Belvedere is 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from central Mauerbach. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Vienna can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Gerhard-Hanappi Stadium, located 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city center, and Schoenbrunn Zoo, which is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away.
Dressing for Mauerbach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Mauerbach each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F