Visitors can enjoy all that Mbarara has to offer including the golf courses, parks, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting. In Mbarara, there are 21 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mbarara
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Mbarara University Of Science And Technology is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Mburo National Park and Mbarara Golf Course.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mbarara, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Lake View Resort Hotel is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the center of Mbarara. This 3-star hotel in Mbarara features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Igongo Cultural Centre & Country Hotel is located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Mbarara. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Mbarara can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Rays Hotel is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from central Mbarara. This 2.5-star hotel in Mbarara features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Mbarara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.73 inches of rain falls on Mbarara each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F