Visitors can enjoy all that Midrand has to offer including the golf courses, gardens, and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and relaxing setting. Gold Reef City, Montecasino, and Sandton City Mall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1135 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Midrand
Favorite places to visit in the city include Boulders Shopping Centre, Mall of Africa, and Kyalami Racetrack. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kyalami on Main and Leeukop Golf Course.
In Midrand, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Town Lodge Midrand - This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- City Lodge Hotel Waterfall City - Our customers like the helpful staff and WiFi at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Midrand - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gold Reef City, located 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from the city center, and Montecasino, which is 6.5 mi/10.5 km away.
Dressing for Midrand
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Midrand is 1.02 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 43°F