Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mitchell, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art, and monuments.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Mitchell
- The closest major airport is in Huron, SD (HON-Huron Regional), 47.5 mi (76.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mitchell
Cultural venues in the city include Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village, Valtiroty Shiloh's Tabernacle, and Dakota Discovery Museum. The picturesque setting of Hitchcock Park and Pool Side Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Corn Palace and Mitchell Aquatic Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Mitchell. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Mitchell - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Comfort Inn And Suites - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Circle K Campground - This 1.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Mitchell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 8°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mitchell is 25.04 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°F