Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Moab, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks, riverfront, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.
- There are 507 hotels and other accommodations in Moab
- The closest major airport is in Moab, UT (CNY-Canyonlands Field), 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Moab
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Moab, John Wesley Powell River History Museum, and Frontier Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Big Spring Canyon Overlook, Pothole Point, and Newspaper Rock State Historical Monument. The hiking trails, parks, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Rotary Park are worth a visit.
In Moab, you'll be able to select from 507 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Moab Springs Ranch - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Moab near Arches National Park - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Moab
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Green River Station. Moab may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Moab
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- About 8.82 inches of rain falls on Moab each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F