Visiting Green River
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Green River, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its parks.
- You'll find 452 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Moab
- The closest major airport is in Moab, UT (CNY-Canyonlands Field), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Green River
The city's riverfront, parks, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Swasey's Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are John Wesley Powell River History Museum and Green River State Park Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Green River. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Skyfall Guestrooms - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn Green River - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Getting Around Green River
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Green River Station. Green River might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Green River
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 98°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Green River is 7.56 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 16°F