Visitors can enjoy all that Mogyorod has to offer including the theme park and casinos. Top sights around the area include Hungexpo Budapest Fair Center, Vajdahunyad Castle, and Heroes' Square.
- You'll find 1220 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Budapest
- The closest major airport is in Budapest (BUD-Ferenc Liszt Intl.), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mogyorod
A couple of favorite places to visit are Aquarena and Hungaroring. In the area, you'll also find Hungexpo Budapest Fair Center and Vajdahunyad Castle.
As you start planning your visit to Mogyorod, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 32 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Continental Hotel Budapest is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from central Mogyorod. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Budapest can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and overall condition.
- Corinthia Hotel Budapest is 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the center of Mogyorod. This 5-star hotel in Budapest features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- 7seasons Apartments Budapest is located 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the heart of Mogyorod. This 4-star hotel in Budapest features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Heroes' Square, located 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Arena Plaza Shopping Mall, which is 10.4 mi (16.7 km) away.
Getting Around Mogyorod
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Mogyorod Station or Szentjakab Station. Mogyorod may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mogyorod
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mogyorod is 0.87 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F