Visitors can enjoy all that Montmelian has to offer including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Carre Curial, Elephants Fountain, and Chateau de Chambery.
- You'll find 132 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Aix-les-Bains
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 36.5 mi (58.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montmelian
Carre Curial, Elephants Fountain, and Chateau de Chambery are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Chartreuse National Park and Grande Chartreuse Monastery.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel George - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Montmelian
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Montmélian Station. Montmelian might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Montmelian
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Montmelian gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F