Travelers to Mystic give high marks for the bustling port, must-see aquarium, and casinos. Tourists who journey to this quaint city can discover its museums, shopping, and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the city is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mystic
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea and Mystic Arts Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Olde Mistick Village is a favorite for retail therapy. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Mystic Seaport is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mystic. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- House of 1833 Bed & Breakfast & Gardens - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Mystic - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Whaler's Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Getting Around Mystic
With so many ways to get around, exploring Mystic is simple. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Mystic Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Mystic
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.68 inches of rain falls on Mystic each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F