Travelers to Groton give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, riverfront, and live music. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Groton
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and The Submarine Force Library and Museum is a local cultural venue. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park and Shennecossett Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Groton. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Mystic/Groton - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Hampton Inn Groton/Mystic/New London - Our customers like the bar and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Mystic Marriott Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Groton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Average annual rainfall for Groton is 49.68 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F