Travelers to Nankan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nankan
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ryukyu Islands. You'll also find Ultraman Land and Mitsui Greenland Amusement Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Nankan, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Kumamoto is located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of Nankan. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to a restaurant and valet parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Dormy Inn Kumamoto Natural Hot Spring is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from central Nankan. This 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- KKR Hotel Kumamoto is 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the center of Nankan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Dressing for Nankan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nankan is 1.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F