History buffs and bargain hunters enjoy visiting Nîmes though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. Top sights in the city include Maison Carree, Old Nimes Museum, and Nimes Arena.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in Nîmes
- The closest major airport is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nîmes
Cultural venues in the city include Old Nimes Museum, Nîmes Museum of Natural History and Prehistory, and Musée de la Romanité. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Maison Carree, Nimes Arena, and Temple of Diana. The picturesque setting of Fountain Gardens and Espeisses Woods exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Nîmes, you'll find 152 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel de l'Amphithéâtre - This 3-star hotel in Nimes City Centre features free WiFi and a computer station. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Des Tuileries - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Faubourg can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Novotel Atria Nimes Centre - This 4-star hotel in Costières features a restaurant, a bar, and a 24-hour business center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Other top sights in Nîmes include Magne Tower. Outside the city, popular places to see include Pont du Gard, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Uzes Cathedral, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Getting Around Nîmes
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Nîmes Station or Nimes St-Cesaire Station. Nîmes might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Nîmes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nîmes is 0.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F