Visitors to Obertraun are sure to enjoy the mountain views and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas. A top sight in the area is Imperial Villa and Park.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Obertraun
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 37.7 mi (60.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Linz (LNZ-Hoersching), 55 mi (88.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Obertraun
The mountain views and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Krippenstein, Dachstein Ice Caves, and Mammoth Cave. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dachstein Krippenstein and Krippenstein II Ski Lift.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Obertraun. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- W & S Executive Apartments - Obertraun - Amenities at this 3.5-star apartment include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Seehotel am Hallstattersee - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Dormio Resort Obertraun - With a stay at this 4-star chalet, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Imperial Villa and Park, 14.1 mi/22.7 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Obertraun
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Obertraun-Dachsteinhoehlen Station or Obertraun Koppenbruellerhoehle Station. Obertraun might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Obertraun
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Obertraun gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 27°F