Visitors to Odense are sure to enjoy the museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art, and riverfront. Top sights in the city include Hans Christian Andersen's Childhood Home, Funen Art Museum, and Hans Christian Andersen Museum.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Odense
- The closest major airport is in Sonderborg (SGD), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Odense
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Hans Christian Andersen's Childhood Home, Funen Art Museum, and Hans Christian Andersen Museum. Notable city landmarks like Saint Canute's Cathedral and Odense Castle might be worth a visit. Other notable sights to explore include Brandts Klaedefabrik and Odense Zoo.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Odense. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- EngholmBB - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Best Western Hotel Knudsens Gaard - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Amalie Bed and Breakfast & Apartments - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Egeskov Palace, 15.7 mi/25.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Odense
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Odense Station, Odense Hospital Station, or Odense Fruens Boge Station. Odense might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Odense
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 44°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Odense gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 32°F