Visitors to Oswiecim are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, monuments, and local tours. Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, Kosciuszko Park, and Cathedral of Christ the King are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Oswiecim
- The closest major airport is in Krakow (KRK-John Paul II - Balice), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Katowice (KTW-Pyrzowice), 32.1 mi (51.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oswiecim
Notable city landmarks like Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and Jewish Museum and Synagogue might be worth a visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Kosciuszko Park and Cathedral of Christ the King.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Oswiecim. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton by Hilton Oswiecim - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- 7th Room Guest House - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free valet parking and free WiFi.
- Hotel Galicja Wellness & SPA - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Drapacz Chmur, located 19.2 mi (31 km) from the city center, and Silesian Museum, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away.
Getting Around Oswiecim
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Oswiecim Dwory Station or Oswiecim Station. Oswiecim might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Oswiecim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Oswiecim is 0.87 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F