History buffs will enjoy exploring Padova, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, art, and museums. Top sights in the city include Pedrocchi Cafe, Church of the Eremitani, and Scrovegni Chapel.
- There are 140 hotels and other accommodations in Padova
- The closest major airport is in Treviso (TSF), 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Padova
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include Museo del Risorgimento e Dell' eta Contemporanea, MUSME, and Eremitani Town Museums. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Pedrocchi Cafe, Church of the Eremitani, and Scrovegni Chapel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Giardini dell'Arena.
In Padova, you'll find 140 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Camilla - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Belludi 37 - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Historic Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- B&B Gioia - This bed & breakfast in Arcella features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Olympic Theatre, 18.5 mi/29.8 km from the heart of the city, and Basilica Palladiana, which is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away.
Getting Around Padova
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Padova Station. Padova might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Padova
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Padova gets about 36.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F