Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Parachute, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views and cafés.
- You'll find 83 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Glenwood Springs
- The closest major airport is in Grand Junction, CO (GJT-Grand Junction Regional), 34.5 mi (55.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parachute
The picturesque setting of Parachute Community Park and Cottonwood Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Skydiving is a top activity, and Battlement Mesa Golf Club is one place to visit. You'll also find De Beque City Park and De Beque Town Hall in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites PARACHUTE - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Parachute
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Parachute gets about 13.43 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 13°F