Visiting Glenwood Springs
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glenwood Springs, and visitors give high marks for the world-class hot springs, riverfront, and top-notch restaurants. Top sights in the city include Glenwood Hot Springs, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, and Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Glenwood Springs
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 23 mi (37 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 33.4 mi (53.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glenwood Springs
Cultural venues in the city include Glenwood Springs Center For The Arts, Glenwood Railroad Museum, and Frontier Historical Museum. Families come for attractions such as Glenwood Hot Springs, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, and Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves. The hot springs, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Hanging Lake Trailhead, Hanging Lake, and Grizzly Creek Trail are worth a visit.
In Glenwood Springs, you'll be able to select from 95 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites PARACHUTE - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Other top sights in Glenwood Springs include Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
Getting Around Glenwood Springs
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Glenwood Springs Station. Glenwood Springs may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Glenwood Springs
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.43 inches of rain falls on Glenwood Springs each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F