History buffs enjoy visiting Peniscola though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium, mountain views, and cathedral.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodations in Peniscola
- The closest major airport is in Castellon de la Plana (CDT), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Peniscola
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of the Virgen del Socorro, Hermitage of the Mother of God, and Peniscola Castle and Gardens. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sur Beach, Puerto Azul Beach, and Norte Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Portal fosc and La Casa del Ayer.
In Peniscola, you'll find 202 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Apartamentos Tamarindos Peñiscola - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hotel Boutique La Mar - Adults Only - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace.
- Hotel Boutique RH PortoCristo - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
Dressing for Peniscola
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Peniscola each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 46°F