Visitors to Pierre are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and museums.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Pierre
- The closest major airport is in Pierre, SD (PIR-Pierre Regional), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pierre
Notable city landmarks like Oahe Dam and Fighting Stallions Memorial might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and La Framboise Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Dakota State Capitol and South Dakota Discovery Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Pierre. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- My Place Hotel-Ft. Pierre, SD - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Fort Pierre - Conference Center - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Clubhouse Hotel & Suites Pierre - This 3.5-star hotel features a free water park, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Pierre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pierre is 20.01 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F