Visitors to Pikeville are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, shopping, and university setting. A top sight in the area is U.S. 23 Country Music Highway Museum.
- You'll find 16 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Prestonsburg
- The closest major airport is in Pikeville, KY (PVL-Pike County - Hatcher Field), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pikeville
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Pikeville is worth a campus tour. In the area, you'll also find Breaks Interstate Park and Breaks Interstate Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Pikeville. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Pikeville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Pikeville - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pikeville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Pikeville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Pikeville gets about 46.50 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F