Visitors to Pinnawala are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo. A top sight in the area is Royal Botanical Garden.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Pinnawala
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pinnawala
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Millennium Elephant Foundation. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and Pinnawala Zoo.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Pinnawala. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Elephant Park - This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Hotel Elephant Bay - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Royal Botanical Garden, 14.3 mi/23.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Pinnawala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Pinnawala each year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F