Visitors can enjoy all that Porsgrunn has to offer including the festivals, cafés, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, art, and live music.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Porsgrunn
- The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 21.5 mi (34.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Porsgrunn
A favorite place to visit in the city is Brevik Church. Additionally, you'll find Telemark Museum and Henrik Ibsen Museum in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotell Vic - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Porsgrunn
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Porsgrunn Station or Porsgrunn Oklungen Station. Porsgrunn might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Porsgrunn
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 53°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Porsgrunn gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F