Visitors can enjoy all that Skien has to offer including the hockey games, water parks, and ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Skien
- The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Notodden (NTB), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Skien
The city's cultural venues include Telemark Museum and Henrik Ibsen Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Grenland Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Skien. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggeparken - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Thon Hotel Hoyers - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotell Fritidsparken - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Skien
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Skien Station or Skien Hoppestad Station. Skien might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Skien
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 41°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 53°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Skien gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F