Visiting Prince George
Visitors to Prince George are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, riverfront, and university setting.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Prince George
- The closest major airport is in Prince George, BC (YXS), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Prince George
Cultural venues in the city include Prince George Playhouse, Exploration Place Museum and Science Centre, and Theatre North West. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Forests for the World, Fort George Park, and Cottonwood Island Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Northern British Columbia is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Prince George. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ridgeview Gardens Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Courtyard by Marriott Prince George - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Four Points By Sheraton Prince George - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Prince George
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Prince George Station. Prince George might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Prince George
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 8°F as the nighttime average
- Prince George gets about 0.75 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F