Visiting Prince Rupert
Visitors to Prince Rupert are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, parks, and seafood restaurants.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Prince Rupert
- The closest major airport is in Prince Rupert, BC (YPR), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Prince Rupert
Cultural venues in the city include Totem Park, Kwinitsa Station Railway Museum, and Prince Rupert Fire Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Mount Hays, Butze Rapids, and Rotary Waterfront Park. Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, while Digby Island Ferry Terminal, Alaska Ferry Terminal, and Pacific Mariners Memorial Park are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Prince Rupert. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- First Avenue Executive Suites - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Crest Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and central location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Black Rooster Guesthouse - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a game room, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Prince Rupert
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Prince Rupert is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Prince Rupert Station. You can cross the water on a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Prince Rupert
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 55°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Prince Rupert is 3.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 30°F