Visiting Punta del Este
Travelers to Punta del Este give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and seafood restaurants.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Punta del Este
- The closest major airport is in Punta Del Este (PDP-Capitan Corbeta CA Curbelo Intl.), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta del Este
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Playa de los Ingleses, Brava Beach, and Mansa Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Puerto de Punta del Este is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Artigas Square and Gorlero Avenue.
In Punta del Este, there are 168 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Il Belvedere Apart Hotel - This 4-star aparthotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its beach locale and room size.
- Hotel Fasano Punta del Este - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 restaurants.
- Live Hotel Boutique - Adults Only - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Punta del Este
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Punta del Este each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 44°F