Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2021
Where to stay in Recife
Travelers to Recife give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Itaipava Arena Pernambuco, Muro Alto Beach, and USA Consulate.
- There are 749 hotels and other accommodations in Recife
- The closest major airport is in Recife (REC-Guararapes Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Recife
Cultural venues in the city include Museu Cais do Sertao, Ricardo Brennand Institute, and Jewish Archives of Pernambuco. Attractions like Veneza Water Park, Mirabilandia Amusement Park, and Coqueiral Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Marco Zero Square, Jaqueira Park, and Fort Orange.
In Recife, you'll find 749 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pontal dos Carneiros Beach Bungalows - This 3-star pousada features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Kembali Hotel Porto de Galinhas – Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Nannai Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Recife include Itaipava Arena Pernambuco, Muro Alto Beach, and USA Consulate.
Getting Around Recife
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Recife is simple. Nearby metro stations include Recife Station, Joana Bezerra Station, and Afogados Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Jaboatao dos Guararapes Curado Station, Jaboatao dos Guararapes Jorge Lins Station, or Jaboatao dos Guararapes Marcos Freire Station.
Dressing for Recife
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- About 63.31 inches of rain falls on Recife each year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Recife?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Recife, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Recife?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Recife?
Where is the best place to stay in Porto de Galinhas?
What's a favorite place to stay in Boa Viagem?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Recife?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Recife?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Recife?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Recife?
Where is the best place to stay near Gaibu Beach?
Recent reviews of Recife hotels
More trip options
- Recife Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Recife Airports
- Hotels in Recife Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Recife Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Recife
- More Hotel Options in Recife
- More Popular Hotels in Pernambuco
- Other Hotels near Recife, Pernambuco
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends